News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 21, 2024, 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

California Dementocrats Use Ballot Harvesting to Defeat Every GOP House Candidate

Started by Anonymous, December 02, 2018, 11:17:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Thanks to a gift from Governor Jerry Brown, the Dems took advantage of legalized vote rigging and won every House seat in California.

https://dailycaller.com/2018/12/01/ballot-harvesting-california-dems-gop/?utm_medium=email">https://dailycaller.com/2018/12/01/ball ... dium=email">https://dailycaller.com/2018/12/01/ballot-harvesting-california-dems-gop/?utm_medium=email

As the polls closed on election day last month, six California Republican House candidates, including Representatives Dana Rohrabacher, Steve Knight, and Mimi Walters, were ahead in their respective races. However, as the absentee and provisional ballots rolled in over the intervening weeks, all six lost to their Democratic opponents.

The case of Korean-American GOP candidate Young Kim was one of the most prominent examples. On election night, Kim held an 8,000 vote lead over her Democratic opponent Gil Cisneros, and even attended freshman orientation in Washington, D.C. before watching her lead, and her victory, slowly evaporate over the subsequent weeks.

he results drew the attention of House Speaker Paul Ryan.

"California just defies logic to me," said Ryan at a Washington Post live event. "We were only down 26 seats the night of the election, and three weeks later, we lost basically every California contested race. This election system they have — I can't begin to understand what 'ballot harvesting' is.

The stunning turnaround in California, of all states, can be attributed to several factors, as conservative critics like The Federalist's Bre Payton wrote, but the most significant of those seemed to be the practice of "ballot harvesting."

Passed as a barely noticed change in the state's vote by mail procedures in 2016 and signed by then-Governor Jerry Brown, California's AB 1921 allows voters to give any third party — not just a relative or someone living in the same household, as was previously the law — to collect and turn in anyone else's completed ballot.

Called "ballot harvesting," critics say the practice is ripe for fraud. Consider "Lulu," who was recorded trying to "harvest" what she thought was a Democratic voter's ballot in Rep. Knight's district.

t's a "new service," said Lulu, for "like, people who are supporting the Democratic party."

The San Francisco Chronicle reported that 250,000 such ballots were used in Orange County alone, resulting in a Democratic sweep there.

From the Chronicle report:

"We beat Republicans on the ground, fair and square," said Katie Merrill, a Democratic consultant deeply involved in November campaigns. "Many of the field plans included (ballot harvesting) as an option to deliver voters or their ballots" to the polls.

Those efforts involved identifying voters who might support Democratic candidates and ignoring those who wouldn't.

In one Orange County household, for example, both the husband and wife were longtime Republicans, said Dale Neugebauer, a veteran Republican consultant. Democratic volunteers came by the house four times, each time asking to speak only with their 18-year-old daughter, a no-party-preference voter, and asking if she wanted them to pick up her signed and completed ballot.

That's a perfect example of the "thorough and disciplined" ground game the Democrats used, said Merrill.

"We were not wasting time talking to people who weren't going to vote for Democrats," she said.

The San Francisco Chronicle quoted Republicans who admitted that Democrats clearly beat them at the new game and that, to compete, they will have to conduct their own "ballot harvesting" efforts.

Before its passage, a group opposed to the bill wrote: "AB 1921 would allow anybody to walk into an elections office and hand over truckloads of vote by mail envelopes with ballots inside, no questions asked, no verified records kept. It amounts to an open invitation to large-scale vote buying, voter coercion, "granny farming", and automated forgery. AB 1921 solves no problem that  a simple stamp can't solve."

Anonymous

Quote from: "Herman"Thanks to a gift from Governor Jerry Brown, the Dems took advantage of legalized vote rigging and won every House seat in California.

https://dailycaller.com/2018/12/01/ballot-harvesting-california-dems-gop/?utm_medium=email">https://dailycaller.com/2018/12/01/ball ... dium=email">https://dailycaller.com/2018/12/01/ballot-harvesting-california-dems-gop/?utm_medium=email

As the polls closed on election day last month, six California Republican House candidates, including Representatives Dana Rohrabacher, Steve Knight, and Mimi Walters, were ahead in their respective races. However, as the absentee and provisional ballots rolled in over the intervening weeks, all six lost to their Democratic opponents.

The case of Korean-American GOP candidate Young Kim was one of the most prominent examples. On election night, Kim held an 8,000 vote lead over her Democratic opponent Gil Cisneros, and even attended freshman orientation in Washington, D.C. before watching her lead, and her victory, slowly evaporate over the subsequent weeks.

he results drew the attention of House Speaker Paul Ryan.

"California just defies logic to me," said Ryan at a Washington Post live event. "We were only down 26 seats the night of the election, and three weeks later, we lost basically every California contested race. This election system they have — I can't begin to understand what 'ballot harvesting' is.

The stunning turnaround in California, of all states, can be attributed to several factors, as conservative critics like The Federalist's Bre Payton wrote, but the most significant of those seemed to be the practice of "ballot harvesting."

Passed as a barely noticed change in the state's vote by mail procedures in 2016 and signed by then-Governor Jerry Brown, California's AB 1921 allows voters to give any third party — not just a relative or someone living in the same household, as was previously the law — to collect and turn in anyone else's completed ballot.

Called "ballot harvesting," critics say the practice is ripe for fraud. Consider "Lulu," who was recorded trying to "harvest" what she thought was a Democratic voter's ballot in Rep. Knight's district.

t's a "new service," said Lulu, for "like, people who are supporting the Democratic party."

The San Francisco Chronicle reported that 250,000 such ballots were used in Orange County alone, resulting in a Democratic sweep there.

From the Chronicle report:

"We beat Republicans on the ground, fair and square," said Katie Merrill, a Democratic consultant deeply involved in November campaigns. "Many of the field plans included (ballot harvesting) as an option to deliver voters or their ballots" to the polls.

Those efforts involved identifying voters who might support Democratic candidates and ignoring those who wouldn't.

In one Orange County household, for example, both the husband and wife were longtime Republicans, said Dale Neugebauer, a veteran Republican consultant. Democratic volunteers came by the house four times, each time asking to speak only with their 18-year-old daughter, a no-party-preference voter, and asking if she wanted them to pick up her signed and completed ballot.

That's a perfect example of the "thorough and disciplined" ground game the Democrats used, said Merrill.

"We were not wasting time talking to people who weren't going to vote for Democrats," she said.

The San Francisco Chronicle quoted Republicans who admitted that Democrats clearly beat them at the new game and that, to compete, they will have to conduct their own "ballot harvesting" efforts.

Before its passage, a group opposed to the bill wrote: "AB 1921 would allow anybody to walk into an elections office and hand over truckloads of vote by mail envelopes with ballots inside, no questions asked, no verified records kept. It amounts to an open invitation to large-scale vote buying, voter coercion, "granny farming", and automated forgery. AB 1921 solves no problem that  a simple stamp can't solve."

Taiwan's democracy is more transparent than that of the USA.

Bricktop

As everywhere else in democracies, the left have developed highly effective and successful ways of "mobilising". Through well funded leftist organisations, including universities funded by YOUR tax bux, they have developed command and control systems that enable them to work the system far more efficiently that the rather lazy right.

Make no mistake, this is no coincidence that it happens worldwide. The internet connects leftist organisations throughout democratic nations, where strategies, resources and tactics are shared. What works, what doesn't, what technology can do, how to manipulate and maximise leftist influence at every opportunity.

This is what makes Trump's win all the more emphatic, and why the left were shattered by the loss. Everything the planned for...all their trickery, manipulating and guile was for nought as their unbeatable candidate was wiped from the boards.

But they learn. They will double down, and find new and inventive ways to undermine conservative candidates world wide.

Unless and until the conservative side learns, and adopts counter strategies and innovations, it will always be pushing against a stronger and stronger headwind. The left will not take losing well...if they accept it at all.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"As everywhere else in democracies, the left have developed highly effective and successful ways of "mobilising". Through well funded leftist organisations, including universities funded by YOUR tax bux, they have developed command and control systems that enable them to work the system far more efficiently that the rather lazy right.

Make no mistake, this is no coincidence that it happens worldwide. The internet connects leftist organisations throughout democratic nations, where strategies, resources and tactics are shared. What works, what doesn't, what technology can do, how to manipulate and maximise leftist influence at every opportunity.

This is what makes Trump's win all the more emphatic, and why the left were shattered by the loss. Everything the planned for...all their trickery, manipulating and guile was for nought as their unbeatable candidate was wiped from the boards.

But they learn. They will double down, and find new and inventive ways to undermine conservative candidates world wide.

Unless and until the conservative side learns, and adopts counter strategies and innovations, it will always be pushing against a stronger and stronger headwind. The left will not take losing well...if they accept it at all.

What happened in California and Florida is appalling..

I would expect it in Venezuela, but not the USA.

Bricktop

Or Canada...but look at who your nation elected.

And who is strongly tipped to be re-elected.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"Or Canada...but look at who your nation elected.

True, but it won't be because of ballot harvesting.

Chuck Bronson

Makes no difference who is elected here.

I vote, don't get me wrong, but to assume one will see any drastic changes from an elected official is nothing short of dreaming.

Life goes on much the same for the masses no matter who is voted in.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Chuck Bronson"

Makes no difference who is elected here.

I vote, don't get me wrong, but to assume one will see any drastic changes from an elected official is nothing short of dreaming.

Life goes on much the same for the masses no matter who is voted in.

There is no political spectrum in Canada. The three main parties are all varying degrees of progtards.

Chuck Bronson

Yup.  I vote, but as I state...  It really makes no fucking difference at the end of the day.

And THAT is why I don't get all 'political' on these forums.  It's a waste of my time.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Chuck Bronson"Yup.  I vote, but as I state...  It really makes no fucking difference at the end of the day.

And THAT is why I don't get all 'political' on these forums.  It's a waste of my time.

It would be better for the economy if Scheer wins. He is pro pipeline and anti carbon cash grab. But, things like immigration and worse scam refugee claims will continue no matter who wins. So, I'll settle for keeping more of my own money and helping out resource exports.

Chuck Bronson

That's exactly it...  Voting for the lesser of the three evils.  

None have the abilities to alter immigration patterns (The UN controls immigration patterns), so it doesn't matter which one you vote for.

cc

No. NOT so!! No country has to follow UN policy

In fact several have already told the UN to take a hike

If there's guilt, it's the politician's own guilt / desire to get elected / own stupid personal view
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Chuck Bronson

The UN dictates, and does enact trade barriers for those nations that tell the UN to fuck off.

Canada will NEVER tell the UN to fuck off, and as such our immigration patterns are dictated by the UN.  Doesn't matter who you vote for...

Chuck Bronson

I learned this, when I studied 'in depth' about why every single Western nation is being flooded with immigrants, regardless of the desire for that nation to perhaps halt or curtail immigration.

Western nations, under the UN, can NOT halt it.  They have no power to do so.  The UN dictates immigration patterns, and to this day not ONE Western nation has told the UN to fuck off...  They can't.

If they did, they would be kicked out and ostracized.

Chuck Bronson

The UN dictates immigration patterns to ALL Western nations.  You can't 'vote this out'...

Is is fact, and will continue no matter who is voted in.

The head of the UN is a Wop, but I'm sure he is told what to do by others...